If you saw my post: Goodreads Challenge: GOAL MET! you know that I read and reviewed the first book in the Fatal Dreams series, Race the Darkness. (If you didn’t, use the link, go and read it, and see the review I wrote)
Ever since, I’ve been dying to read about Lathan, who we met briefly in Race the Darkness. I was lucky enough to get an ARC from NetGalley, which I plan to read and review today (cross your fingers), and you’ll see that here and on my social media as soon as it’s available.
For now, I’m sharing the trailer and some information about the author, Abbie Roads. Enjoy!
Hunt the Dawn by Abbie Roads
Series: Fatal Dreams #2
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publication Date: December 6, 2016
Her eyelids fluttered. Opened.
“How are you feeling?” That question was more appropriate than interrogating her on how she came into possession of a human eyeball. He’d wait until she was fully conscious before tripping down that trail.
“Cold. So cold.” Goose bumps pimpled over her bare skin. She scooted toward where he sat on the edge of the bed, wrapping herself around his hips, seeking his body’s warmth.
He should get the heavy sleeping bag from the closet. He should cover her with it and leave the room. He should, he should, he should. He didn’t. He pulled off his boots and eased into the bed. She latched onto him before he fully reclined.
She molded herself to him. His shoulder her pillow, her arm around his middle, one of her legs draped over his thighs, her knee just a few miniscule inches from his groin. Everything vanished, except the vivid sensation of her feminine curves burrowing into him, seeking his safety, his comfort, his warmth. She was cool where he was on fire. She was soft where he couldn’t bend. She was sweet where he felt bitter.
She fit into his arms, against his body, and into his soul like she was designed especially for him. He wanted to believe he could have a happy ending with her, but his reality was a cruel, hard place where good things just didn’t happen. Or if they did, they never lasted.
MEET THE AUTHOR
- She loves Snicker Parfaits. Gotta start with what’s most important, right?
- She writes dark emotional books featuring damaged characters, but always gives her hero and heroine a happy ending… after torturing them for three hundred pages.
- By day she’s a mental health counselor known for her blunt, honest style of therapy. At night she burns up the keyboard. Well… Burn might be too strong a word. She at least sits with her hands poised over the keyboard, waiting for inspiration to strike. And when it does—the keyboard might get a little warm.
- She can’t stand it when people drive slowly in the passing lane. Just saying. That’s major annoying. Right?
- She loves taking pictures of things she thinks are pretty.
- She’s represented by Michelle Grajkowski of 3 Seas Literary.
- Her first book RACE THE DARKNESS was a Publishers Weekly Top 10 Pick for Fall.